Across the world, workplace injuries are a huge problem, affecting millions of people every year. Staggeringly, in the UK alone, 1.2 million people suffered from work-related illnesses in 2010/2011. This resulted in the loss of around 26.4 million working days, costing British economy in excess of £14bn.
Whatever your place of work, there will be inherent risks, and however much you may think that you will never fall victim to a workplace injury, you can never guarantee that you are out of harm’s reach.
If you are unfortunate to be affected by an injury at work, through no fault of your own, you should seriously think about making a claim against the persons responsible for your suffering and financial losses incurred.
However, there are a few things that you should remember in order to strengthen your case for compensation:
• Immediately following your accident, if possible, you should report the accident to a supervisor or line manager.
• Some companies have a designated first aid representative. Report the injury to them and ensure that it has been logged appropriately. Once you are happy with the description of the accident and all of the details, you should sign the entry.
• See necessary medical attention. If you go to a GP or hospital, make sure that you are able to gain access to the medical notes. Explain your symptoms as fully as possible, so that your medical notes are as detailed as possible.
• Ensure your employer reports the accident to the HSE. This can be done online, over the phone or in writing.
• Check your contract with your employer for details on sick pay.
• If you feel that a similar accident could happen again, make sure you tell your employer, so that they are aware of the potential danger.
Keep hold of any documentation, as it could be beneficial should you choose to proceed with a claim.
Start Your Claim Today with Workplace Claim
Get in touch with Workplace Claim today and speak to one of our helpful advisers. We can talk you through the process and we’ll be with you every step of the way.
We make the whole claiming process as hassle-free as possible and we’ll only claim the maximum amount possible. Our expert staff are on hand to take your call.
Get in touch with Workplace Claim and start your compensation claim today.